A Gap Ministry is an outreach that fills an unmet need or "gap" in community services for people in need. These needs are met by providing services or products focused on that particular need. As churches and Christian volunteers in the Love INC network develop Gap Ministries, a whole new group of resources previously difficult to access becomes a reality. Churches working together as a Love INC network are a powerful testimony to the community of unity in the Body of Christ.
Many churches already have existing outreach ministries. Love INC can help by helping to supply some of the products needed for the ministry. Clients with verified needs are processed through the Love INC Clearinghouse by trained volunteers. This helps churches ministry to people who have real, specific needs.
Love INC of Greater Hammond currently has 8 gap ministries.
Love INC Gap Ministries:
- Furniture Ministry: a joint ministry of all Love INC churches
- Down Under: Socks and underwear for children -- a joint ministry of all Love INC churches
- Food Pantries: hosted by Munster Church & Faith Church Munster
- Cradle 'N' All: Baby needs -- hosted by St. Paul Episcopal Church in Munster
- Karing Kitchen: Kitchen supplies -- hosted by First Church of the Nazarene in Highland.
- Love's Book Nook: Children's books -- hosted by First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Highland
- Linens of Love: Bed linens and towels -- hostd by Griffith Lutheran Church in Griffith
- New Life 4U: Personal care and hygiene products -- hosted by New Life CRC in Highland
- Scrub-a-Dove: Household Cleaning Products & Equipment -- hosted by First United Evangelical Lutheran Church in Hammond
Do you want to contribute items to one of these ministries? A checklist of needed items is located on each gap ministry's webpage. Just click on the gap ministry name in the list above to learn more about that ministry and what its current needs are.